Friday, January 05, 2007

St. Patrick Must Have Been An Indian (Dot Not A Feather)

Birthday wishes go out today to actor Robert Duvall (1931) of Godfather fame, also today back in 1998, Sonny Bono, everyone’s favorite downhill skier, died at the age of 62.


St. Patrick or The Green Machine?


March 15th (unless I am mistaken) is Saint Patrick’s Day. This day also marks the end of my current job. They told us yesterday afternoon (via a conference call) that March 15th will be the final day. They are giving us the option of taking a severance package or moving to another department. “Oh wow, so you still have a job!” you say. Well technically I do; however, it will be a super-sonic, hella-crappy job! I took my job here at SunTrust Bank for two reasons: 1) I needed a job badly and 2) I would NOT have to talk to people directly (as you might have figured out…I hate people!).

SuckTrust


This email job has been awesome. Sure it is boring and repetitive but it was something I could do in my sleep (and sometimes I did!). I could work while surfing the web, listening to CDs and even writing these little blog entries. It all came crashing to the ground when I came back from my very relaxing vacation back in July. They informed us that they were moving our jobs to India! Friggin’ India? What the hell is in India? Nothing…except my job, that is.

Your Job Is Here, You Are Not!


Well, I am glad that I do not have my money in this crap-hole financial institution. I try to steer clear of any place that has cost Americans jobs. I haven’t fully decided to stay on to begin answering phones and talking to these morons who call up here everyday but I probably have to at least for a little while. The more that I think of this the more that I realize how hard quitting smoking will be…starting on St. Patrick’s Day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynnster said...

Close. March 15th is the Ides of March (and my birthday, matter of fact). March 17th is St. Patrick's Day.

Good luck with everything...!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are u doing? Its me KP well at least yall no when the time is up.......

7:38 PM  
Blogger LeBlanc said...

Ahh, that is right, the Ides of March...a way worse omen that St. Patty's Day isn't it?

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home