Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pampered Chef: The Return Of The King

On this date back in 1984, Hulkamania is born when professional wrestler Hulk Hogan defeats The Iron Sheik to win the WWF World Heavyweight Championship. One year later, O.J. Simpson becomes the first Heisman Trophy winner (read murderer) to be elected to the Football Hall of Fame.

Birthday wishes go out today to MacGyver himself, Richard Dean Anderson (1950) and Cheap Trick singer Robin Zander (1952).


This past Saturday, The School Girl and I traveled up north to The Green Machine and Hoosier Girl’s house for yet another Pampered Chef party. Why in the world do we need this much crap? Well, as long as we use it I guess it is okay…right?

traffic jam


Things started off very badly as we got stuck in a traffic jam (on a Saturday? Come On!) on the bridge directly over the Cumberland River…you know, where it smells like dead people and rotten cat food? Yeah, right there.

Big D and Green Machine


When we finally arrived we were, of course, the final people to get there. Christopher Columbus I was not this fine day. The School Girl hurried into the house to participate in the party activities. A game of darts was already underway as I entered the garage (or man cave) and beers were tossed in my direction. Luckily it was well past the noon time hour.

G-Man sleeping?


G-Man is so enthralled with our conversation he can hardly keep his eyes open. We decided at this point we should make a convenience store run and buy some cigarettes just in case we decided to smoke (yeah, just in case).

WTF?


SueBoo stepped out to inform the gentlemen (that’s us…no really that is referring to us) that some pasta had been created for our enjoyment. We trampled into the house and grabbed seats now that the demonstration part of the party was over and decided to get our grub on.

Sweet Pea


Momma W, Lil Sis and SueBoo


WTF? Part 2


I am still not sure why my wife put this plastic thing on my head. To be honest, I don’t even know what it came from.

Sweet Pea again


G-Man chillin’


Green Machine and Big D


Big D brought his Guitar Hero video game over for us all to play. My first time out I smoked it like Jimi, hitting 91% of the notes. On a side note, The Green Machine choked it (like a chicken) averaging in the mid-60% range!

Green Machine


Green Machine was sporting an Indianapolis Colts jersey to annoy me. Apparently they give these things away at the bandwagon. They also come with tissues and diapers!

me and G-Man


Joe and Jess


The entire Green Machine and G-Man family was in attendance (except for B2 – sniff, sniff). The Green Machine’s sister, Jess and her boyfriend sneer at all of the fun the rest of us are having.

G-Man


G-Man does his gorilla impression. This is the fun that I previously mentioned. (You know it looks like fun!)

Pappy and Sweet Pea


The School Girl


The School Girl seems overly excited. To slow this huge party down, we headed over to the local Mexican restaurant: Guadalajara.

menu


School Girl and G-Man


our table


Salsa Ashtray


We decided to sit in the smoking section (I wonder why?). There were no ashtrays to be had in the entire place. So to fix this problem they wrapped a salsa dish in aluminum foil…innovative!

Green Machine, me, School Girl, G-Man and Sweet Pea’s face


me, Sweet Pea and G-Man


Sweet Pea decided to “cheese” for the camera but just couldn’t get her chicken nugget chewed in time.

Sweet Pea, SueBoo, Big D, Hoosier Girl and Green Machine


Sweet Pea


When we got back to the house, more games of darts were played.

Oops!


The game began to get a little dangerous. After the flights and tips started falling off, problems arose. I may have accidentally broken Green Machine’s dart…one of the one’s he bought that morning!

So, I mentioned the other day that I might smoke or I might not smoke since alcohol was to be served. Well here is my hand holding the evidence…

Smoking


When we left to head home I threw what was left into my glove box for another time and I haven’t even thought of them since. I think that I finally have made cigarettes my bitch!

3 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Cigs and Miller Lite.
I like these Pampered Chef Parties.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Donisms said...

Ahwww naw u were doing sooooo good. im also happy u are going for the Chi I have updated

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still owe me some darts and a basketball!

Sign,
Your heterolifemate

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home