Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Got Nothing Here

And now for something completely different, today marks the first (annual?) Monty Python Day. “Does your wife ‘go’? Is she a ‘goer’? Nudge-nudge - know what I mean? Say no more?”

Birthday wishes go out to everyone’s second favorite impeachable U.S. President, Richard M. Nixon, who would have been 94 years old today. (If you don’t think getting a hummer in the Oval Office makes you number one in the hearts - and on the dresses - of Americans then I don’t know what does.) Other birthday wishes go out to football Hall of Famer Bart Starr (1934), rock legend Jimmy Page (1944) and (for La Hermana), musician Dave Matthews (1967). Also in fictional literary news, today is Professor Severus Snape’s birthday. (Yes, I like Harry Potter, what of it?)

Alan Rickman as Severus Snape


The Great Non-Smoking Experiment has reached one full week as of last night. I think that I am doing pretty well as I have not cheated even once. To be completely honest, I have craved a smoke on at least one occasion and have been thinking about what to do when the crew gets together later this month. I will be in a situation where I am allowed to smoke per the agreement with The School Girl; however, I am not sure if I will tempt fate. I found out from my mom yesterday that she is only one full day behind me in the stop smoking world. Congratulations to her as I know first hand how tough it is to quit.

No Smoking


Is it me or does anyone else think that there is a major rash of celebrities/famous people who are passing away lately? For example, this year alone the creator of Scooby Doo, Iwao Takamoto on January 8th, NASCAR driver, Bobby Hamilton on January 7th, and NFL (Denver Broncos) player Darrent Williams on New Year’s Day, have all died. Deaths at the end of last year include Saddam Hussein (12/30), U.S. President Gerald Ford (12/26), R&B singer James Brown (12/25), animator Joseph Barbera (12/18), The Jefferson’s actor Mike Evans (12/14), NFL owner and AFL founder Lamar Hunt (12/13), NBA Hall of Famer Paul Arizin and comedy legend Peter Boyle (12/12). These are just the people that I actually have heard of in the month of December! It is like an epidemic or something. I thought that these things happened in threes not by the dozen. I sure am glad that I decided to steer clear of being famous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home