Thursday, January 04, 2007

He Shoots, He Scores, They Lose

Today marks the 36th anniversary of the last time The Beatles recorded together as a band. On this date in 1999, former professional wrestler Jesse “The Body” Ventura was sworn in as Minnesota Governor. People celebrating a birthday today include: Sir Isaac Newton (1643) and comedian Dave Foley (1963) of Kids In The Hall fame.


Four days before Christmas, The School Girl and I procured tickets and attended a Nashville Predators hockey game in downtown Nash-vegas. Truthfully, she got them from her boss that threw that Christmas party the day before. I never turn down a chance to see hockey, especially when it is free and the tickets were in the company’s suite (oh how “sweet” it was!). (Yeah, I know that is corny but I’d like to see you do any better.)

Predators Tickets


I was extremely hyped to go to the game for several reasons. First of all, we were playing the Buffalo Sabres. We will not get to play Buffalo at home again for three seasons! Also, Buffalo is one of the elite teams this year. It would be nice to see how the Preds truly stack up against them. Thirdly (is that really a word?), did I mention that we were going to be in a suite?!

Suite


We arrived early and were one of the first groups to get into the suite. The previous night saw us forget about super-pooch, Fandango and had to leave early. Our plan for this night was for Sister-in-law to let him out. The School Girl thought that maybe she should call to check that he got to mark his territory outside.

Checking on the baby!


Looking back into the suite you can see the little seating area and the food…Beef Wellington and fajitas, vegetables, hot wings. All of it was free. Free food, free drinks…and not just free soda, mind you. There was wine (both red & white) and beers. Yes plural as in Miller Lite, Budweiser, Bud Light, Heineken! I, of course, couldn’t turn down free beer and free Wellington!

Beer & Hockey


I sat in a front seat cheering for my Preds. I didn’t do too much cheering unfortunately. I think it was 33 seconds into the game that the Sabres scored and they never really looked back. The fact that the only person in the suite I knew was my wife added to the awesome headache I was sporting and the one sided romp of the poorly played hockey game made us leave with about 7 minutes to go.

Regardless of the outcome, it was a nice way to begin my Christmas holiday even though we got spanked. I never have been a fan of getting spankings!

Blowout



P.S. For those of you who are interested in the Great Non-Smoking Experiment, I have good news. It has been a whopping 68 hours (approximately) since I last wrapped my Chap-Stick covered lips around a beautiful, delicious cigarette. The withdrawals are almost over…I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home