Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sick of ‘06

Last night, the 38th President of the United States, Gerald Rudolph Ford, Jr. died at the age of 93. He will always be remembered as the only man to become President without winning an election to the Office of President or even to the Office of Vice-President. My memories of him mostly include his lampooning at the hands of Chevy Chase on Saturday Night Live.


It is official, I am sick of the holiday season. Mostly, I am just sick during the holiday season. I went to bed Monday feeling a little woozy and worn down. I thought maybe I ate way too many deviled eggs (which I did). The previous few days consisted of much travel, little sleep and erratic temperatures. The weather was chilly out of doors and hot as Hades in my sister-in-law’s house.

Much to The School Girl’s secret happiness, I almost lost my voice yesterday on our way home from work. I was accused of sounding like Peter Brady (It’s time to change). I thought; however, that with a shot of Robitussin last night, I would be feeling better. On the contrary, I am much worse. Scratchy throat, stuffy, runny nose and light-headedness greeted me this morning along with my alarm clock. I considered skipping out on work but I started feeling guilty when I knew my wife would be heading to work alone.

Sick as a dog!


I wish that I let this feeling disappear as I am only getting worse. I am actually considering visiting the doctor! I probably won’t, though, as I usually reserve this act as a last resort. I hope that I start getting well prior to New Year’s Eve. I would hate to ruin this last holiday of the year with wheezing and whininess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home